I made my mothers chicken and rice the other day and I decided to film and share. This is a delicious one pot meal that also works well within meal prep with protein, carbs and veggies. This is also a meal that cooks itself, I often go for a quick run while my food simmers away. I hope you try the recipe, and please share your recipes for Chicken and Rice with me!
Mom’s Chicken & Rice
Serving Size: yield’s 4 portions
2 tbsp OliveOil
4 Chicken Thighs
1 cup Brown Rice
1 medium Onion
2 stalks of Celery
2 cups Chicken Broth/Stalk
2 tsp minced Garlic
1 tsp Poultry Seasoning
2 tsp Thyme
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 Bay Leaf
1/2 tsp Turmeric
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Warm olive oil in pan over medium heat.
2. Salt chicken on both sides and add to warm pan. Let the chicken brown on both sides (about 3 minutes per side).
3. Remove chicken and set aside. Add onion, celery, and garlic to the pan and cook until the onions are translucent.
4. Add brown rice and spices. Stir continuously for one minute.
5. Add chicken broth, bay leaf and chicken. Bring the mixture back to a boil.
6. Taste. Cover and turn the heat down to a simmer. Simmer for 30-40 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the chicken falls off of the bone.
Fluff the rice and Enjoy!!!
Tip: If you want the recipe to be even simpler, add 2 Tablespoons of Poultry seasoning when you add spices, but don’t forget to salt the chicken.